WWE Travels to Saudi Arabia Again for Crown Jewel PPV


By Benny Fairchild

Here we are again, another year and another WWE show in Saudi Arabia. Personally, I've never been a fan of these events and I can't imagine the roster is either, but when the crown prince offers Vince a boatload of money, you can be sure the roster will show up and put on a show.

This even includes a stacked card with a Hell in the Cell match, four title matches, a no holds barred match, and the finals for the King of the Ring, and the first ever Queen's crown tournament. I'm sure the quality of the matches will be outstanding, and I look for Xavier Woods and Finn Balor to steal the show, unless they end up being restricted by some sort of time limitation on their match.

I don't actually see much happening in terms of title changes, but that doesn't mean this won't be a great show, after all the crown prince needs to get his money's worth.

Now for the picks... 

The kick-off show will feature a tag team match pitting the newly reunited Hurt Business (Sheldon Benjamin and Cedric Alexander) vs. The  Usos. While I would ordinarily expect The Usos to destroy the Hurt Business the fact this is a non-title match makes me think, Cedric and Sheldon stand a chance, especially if the Usos are more focused on Roman's match later on in the day. Perhaps this match will lead into a new feud for both teams.

Who I want to win: The Usos

Who I think will win: The Hurt Business

To date the Queen's Crown tournament has been a disappointment. I expected a strong showing from both Toni Storm and Liv Morgan, but neither star is still alive. The matches have been short, and it appears so far to have been done, just show they could say they held a women's tournament similar to King of the Ring. 

I do believe that changes though with the championship match. Doudrop appears headed for big things, and I think the booking of Zelina Vega against her in the finals allows them to preserve the apparent push they've been giving Shayna Baszler, although then one must ask themselves why didn't they have her winning the tournament. I think Doudrop and Zelina will put on a great match, with this likely ending up the best match Zelina has had in her career to date. Doudrop has an impressive resume dating back to her days as Piper Niven. Unless Eva Marie shows up in the Middle East though, I don't see Doudrop losing this match.

Who I want to win: Doudrop

Who I think will win: Doudrop

Now that Big E has gotten a singles push, and Kofi has gotten a singles push, perhaps it's time for Xavier Woods to have his moment to shine as a singles competitor. Woods will be taking on Finn Balor in the King of the Ring finals, and while I feel like the WWE Universe is firmly in Xavier's corner, I feel either competitor is more than deserving of the title. For the sake of having a career outside of The New Day though, I believe Xavier will get his moment in a match that I'm picking as a dark horse to steal the show.

I expect plenty of back and forth in a match that could push towards 20 minutes in length with several near falls along the way.

Who I want to win: Xavier Woods

Who I think will win: Xavier Woods

Monsoor is undefeated in the WWE ring while fighting in the Middle East and I don't expect that to change. In a match that's clearly booked to appease the hometown fans, Mustafa Ali doesn't stand much of a chance. Monsoor's newfound aggression has me feeling confident that this will be a pretty quick match with an easy win for the hometown boy.

Who I way to win: Monsoor

Who think will win: Monsoor

Edge has really been put through the ringer since his return to WWE. While the quantity of matches he has had is minimal, both the quality and intensity of those matches has been off the charts. This match, which will take place inside Hell in a Cell will be no different. While Seth Rollins has gotten the best of him to date, this will change tomorrow.

As is the case with any Hell in the Cell match, look for a brutal affair that will likely push the limits of what folks in Saudi Arabia are used to seeing during live events taking place there. I honestly don't know if blood is permitted during entertainment in the Middle East, but if it's allowed I look for both men to be busted open.

Both men will have their moments, but this match will most definitely have a clear winner.

Who I want to win: Edge

Who I think will win: Edge

For me RK-Bro has been one of the most entertaining things going the WWE has going since this unlikely partnership formed. Heading into the draft there were rumors of a pending AJ Styles/Omos split, but obviously that hasn't happened yet. I don't believe though their team was kept together in anticipation of another title reign, at least not this soon.

RK-Bro is over with the crowd, although I do wonder how they'll be received in Saudi Arabia. I believe the Saudi audience knows and understands Orton is a legend, so that's likely enough to get them in their corner.

As per usual, I expect Omost do most of the heavy lifting for whatever offense his team is able to put together. He won't be the one who takes the pinfall, but I don't believe his continued dominance will be enough to bring the belts back to him and AJ.

Who I want to win: RK-Bro

Who I think will win: RK-Bro

The trio of Becky Lynch, Bianca Belair, and Sasha Banks are three of the best in the game today. Despite the fact this match is for the Smackdown Women's title, and Becky Lynch is headed for Raw, that doesn't necessarily mean the title will change hands, although I do believe it will.

I do believe though the powers to be will preserve Becky's dominance by having her drop the belt without actually being the one who is pinned or submits. What happens when she shows up on Raw with no belt, and Charlotte leaves Raw with their title, I don't know, but WWE creative will come up with something. Whether or not it's something good though remains to be seen.

Who I want to win: Bianca Belair (She's becoming a favorite of both my daughter and I.)

Who I think will win: Sasha Banks

With Drew McIntyre slated to switch brands following Thursday's show, I see little to no chance he takes the WWE championship away from Big E, although I do expect him to enter the title picture pretty quickly after joining Smackdown. In fact, I believe he may be the one who ultimately takes the belt from Roman.

A clean win against Drew is the kind of win that will say, "My title reign is legit," and that is something that Big E deserves. I'm not sure how long his title reign will last, but I do believe it will be legitimized Thursday afternoon.

Who I want to win: Big E

Who I think will win: Big E

Anyone who has read any of my previous blog entries will know I'm not a fan of Brock Lesnar. Although I have been enjoying his recent work with Paul Heyman, and how he's using Paul to put doubt into the mind of Roman Reigns, I just cannot stand part-time champions. 

Brock, much like Goldberg isn't known for working 20 minute masterpieces. I do believe though this match will have some length to it with Heyman getting involved in some way, whether or not he helps Brock or Roman or even tried to help one of them, but his efforts backfire, the storyline has gone too far to not have him involved in some way.

I'm guessing the Usos will also get involved, likely after something happens that leads them to believe Heyman is working for Lesnar once again. What happen to Heyman from that point is anyone's guess.

Who I want to win: Roman Reigns (I'm only saying that, because I hate part-time champions)

Who I think will win: Roman Reigns.

 

So here's my picks. How do you think the night will shape up? Feel free to comment below with some picks of your own and enjoy the show whether you watch it live or if you choose to watch it later.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Show That Never Was

Welcome to Headlocks and Headlines